Dr. Garnecki was interviewed for the latest For Dummies book release, Bowling for Dummies. For Chapter 16: Bowling When You Have Special Health Conditions for the section “Bowling with a Bad Back” she was quoted discussing how spinal discs work and offered suggestions and warm-ups for bowlers in order to avoid injury to the back.
About the Book
While not every player can bowl a perfect game, you can improve your average and show off for friends, family, and bowling league teammates. Bowling For Dummies provides easy-to-understand instructions for bettering your bowling game. The expert tips and advice take you through every step of the game, from selecting the right shoes to the proper way to yell, “Strike!”
• Bowling 101 — get an overview of the sport of bowling, from its many health and social benefits to the nuts and bolts of how it’s scored, equipped, and played
• Get in the game — discover how the secret to bowling lies in your form, and follow along with step-by-step instructions to master the moves
• Take your best shot — learn to perfect a hook shot and how to achieve high scores with strikes and spares
• Keep your head in the game — understand how keeping a positive attitude and minimizing outside distractions will improve your game
• Play with others — find out how people of all ages can get their game on, from throwing a bowling birthday party for kids to joining an adult league
About the Authors
A.J. Forrest is a former ranked amateur bowler and was a bowling coach at the high school and college levels for more than a decade.
As a professional writer, Lisa Iannucci has had articles published in USA Weekend, Shape, Parenting, the Los Angeles Times Travel Section, and many more.
Available wherever books are sold, Bowling for Dummies retails for $19.99.